[vtkusers] Powercrust weird behaviour.

IlinkaGrap i.v.ankudinov at mail.ru
Mon Apr 18 02:45:41 EDT 2016

I tried filtering using decimate pro but when I filter it to the number of
polygons of the original (Stanford Bunny) mesh I get a quite poorly-formed
surface. In the reconstructed by powercrust surface I could spot a lot of
tiny triangles which do not add a lot to topology but to the size of the
file only. So my guess is when using decimate pro these triangles are not of
the first priority, thus to reduce the size decimatepro will erase both
significant and non-significant triangles.

So I had one more question: Is there a way to reconstruct a surface using
VTK buy properly joining the vertices without adding extra vertices. I tried
Delaunay 3D but it obviously didnt obtain decent results since it's not a
surface reconstruction method by itself.