[vtkusers] Use transfer function editors from Python?

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Fri Apr 15 11:46:57 EDT 2016

>> Hi Elvis,
>>
>> Have a look at
>>

>> http://www.vtk.org/gitweb?p=VTK.git;a=blob;f=Charts/Core/Testing/Cxx/TestScalarsToColors.cxx
>>
>> for an example of how to set up the transfer function editors used in
>> ParaView.
>>
>> You can eliminate the check at the end for vtkOpenGL2ContextDevice2D -
>> make sure to initialize and start the interactor, though.
>>
>> I don't see anything in this example that won't work in Python - if
>> there is, please report back any problems you encounter.
>>

> Excellent, thanks a lot. I'll report back how it went.

Worked like a charm :) It's not quite the same as the editors in ParaView
though. In ParaView, the opacity and color transfer functions are edited
separately, like this:

    https://blog.kitware.com/blog/files/48_1536770536.png

Do you know if it's possible to get that kind of editing through VTK
classes, with the color transfer function edited using a gradient editor
below and the X/Y editor only for the the opacity transfer function, or is
ParaView doing something custom here?

(I the class vtkCompositeTransferFunctionItem has "composite" in its name
precisely because it provides editing of both color/opacity in the same
editor, while I would like the separated approach that ParaView has.)

Elvis