[vtkusers] Use transfer function editors from Python?

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Fri Apr 15 08:54:56 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I'd like to use the transfer function editors that VTK seems to provide
(used by e.g. Paraview) from Python. Is it possible?

Looking at

   http://www.vtk.org/pipermail/vtkusers/2013-December/082410.html

I read the slightly worrying:

    "[...] Save/restore state and python interface are not working as
expected. [...]"

Though that was an old message when the new editors were first introduced
in 2013. Is it still the case that the Python interface for the editor
classes is not working as expected?

Does anyone know of a Python application/example that makes use of the
editors? (I'm using VTK 6.2 and PyQt 5.5.1).

Thanks,
Elvis