[vtkusers] Memory management

Jothybasu Selvaraj jothybasu at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 01:55:55 EDT 2016

Dear All

I am not familiar with c++, so I would like to have your suggestion in
memory management in VTK/Qt.

I have a class to read a series of CT images constructed like this

DICOMReader::DICOMReader(QWidget *parent)

{

    this->ImageSet=vtkSmartPointer<vtkImageData>::New();

    }

DICOMReader::~DICOMReader()

{

}

void DICOMReader::readImageSeries()

{//reading code goes here, only the last filter is shown here

     typedef itk::ImageToVTKImageFilter<InputImageType> ConnectorType;

    ConnectorType::Pointer Converter = ConnectorType::New();

    Converter->SetInput(reader->GetOutput());

    Converter->Update();

    this->ImageSet=Converter->GetOutput();

}

then I pass this image to a viewer class like this:

//Read image

    DICOMReader *reader=new DICOMReader(this);

    reader->readImageSeries();

ImageViewer2D *ViewerEBRT= new ImageViewer2D();

ViewerEBRT->SetImageData(reader->ImageSet);

SetImageData is defined as

void ImageViewer2D::SetImageData(vtkImageData *Img)

{

    this->ImageData=Img;

}

Looks likes there is some silly mistake they way data is passed on.

Can anyone suggest me a better way.

Thanks

Jothy