[vtkusers] Where is the format of UPDATE_EXTENT / WHOLE_EXTENT documented?

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Wed Apr 13 09:00:51 EDT 2016

Hi all,

This is a very basic question, but I've searched through a lot of VTK docs
without finding anything conclusive: Where is the format for the
UPDATE_EXTENT / WHOLE_EXTENT pipeline information keys documented?

>From looking at various examples, I understand that the extents are an
array of 6 doubles, but in which order do the boundaries come in the array?
[x0, x1, y0, y1, z0, z1], or [z0, z1, y0, y1, x0, x1], or something else?

Where in general can I expect to find docs for commonly used information
keys like this?

Thanks in advance,
Elvis