[vtkusers] Reader plugin API in VolView?

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Tue Apr 12 10:25:27 EDT 2016

I do not recall a reader plugin API, filtering was the main focus for
plugins. The readers are VTK readers so if you want to add your own reader
you would follow the model of any vtk reader that produces vtkImageData,
most of them are subclasses of vtkImageReader2 or vtkMedicalImasgeReader2,
etc  and then add that to VolView by modifying the code that handles file
IO in VolView

- Hope that helps
- Ken

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 3:59 AM, Elvis Stansvik <
elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com> wrote:

>> Hi all,
>>
>> Sorry if this is off-topic, and I know VolView is probably not really
>> actively developed nowadays, but does anyone know if VolView has a plugin
>> API for file format readers, like ParaView has? I know there's a plugin API
>> for filters, but I couldn't find any info on writing custom readers.
>>

> Noone knows? Sorry for bumping my own thread like this, won't happen again!
>
> Elvis
>

>> Is there anywhere I can browse the VolVIew code without having to
>> download the tarball?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Elvis

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Ken Martin PhD
Chairman & CFO
Kitware Inc.
28 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park NY 12065
518 371 3971

This communication, including all attachments, contains confidential and
legally privileged information, and it is intended only for the use of the
addressee.  Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
received this communication in error please notify us immediately and
destroy the original message.  Thank you.