[vtkusers] Flying Edge

lee lihouxing at yeah.net
Wed Apr 6 20:09:21 EDT 2016

Hi all,
   It is very exciting that the reconstruction using flying edge algorithm
is much faster compared with Marching Cubes algorithm. However, I find the
final iso surface is not smooth enough. I tried vtksmoothpolydatafilter and
vtkWindowedSincPolyDataFilter, but still the quality of the surface isn’t
improved.
I am wondering if anyone using flying edge also encountered the same
problem, and how you resolved it.
Any suggestion would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

ps:
	auto flyingEdges=vtkSmartPointer<vtkFlyingEdges3D>::New();
	flyingEdges->SetInputData(inputdata);

flyingEdges->GenerateValues(1,ui.MinSpinBox->value(),ui.MaxSpinBox->value());

	flyingEdges->ComputeNormalsOn();
	flyingEdges->Update();
<http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5737559/flying_edge.png>