[vtkusers] Error running example

Ricardo Santos ricardo.c.r.santos at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 11:28:53 EDT 2015

Hello,

     I am trying to run the python vtk example from
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Python/PolyData/SubdivisionFilters and
I am getting an error on this line:

cleanPolyData.SetInputData(trianglePolyData)

The preceding lines of code are:

# Create a polydata object
trianglePolyData = vtk.vtkPolyData()
 # Add the geometry and topology to the polydata
trianglePolyData.SetPoints(points)
trianglePolyData.GetPointData().SetScalars(colors)
trianglePolyData.SetPolys(triangles)
 # Clean the polydata so that the edges are shared !
cleanPolyData = vtk.vtkCleanPolyData()
cleanPolyData.SetInputData(trianglePolyData)

and the error I am getting is:

  File "C:/Users/Ricardo Santos/Documents/Python Scripts/testeVTK3.py",
line 80, in <module>
    cleanPolyData.SetInputData(trianglePolyData)

AttributeError: SetInputData

     Does anyone know what I am getting wrong? Thanks!