[vtkusers] Rotating a vtk actor using world coordinates

Chiranjib Sur sur.chiranjib at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 06:46:15 EDT 2015

Hi,
The implementation of the rotation transform are as follows (from
vtkTransform.h file : URL
https://github.com/Kitware/VTK/blob/master/Common/Transforms/vtkTransform.h)

void RotateX(double angle) { this->RotateWXYZ(angle, 1, 0, 0); }; void
RotateY(double angle) { this->RotateWXYZ(angle, 0, 1, 0); }; void RotateZ(
double angle) { this->RotateWXYZ(angle, 0, 0, 1); }; Therefore, how there
going to be a difference between

actor->RotateX(45);
actor->RotateY(45);

and

actor->RotateWXYZ(45, 1, 0, 0);
actor->RotateWXYZ(45, 0, 1, 0);

Can anyone please explain this a bit? David, Is there any example of the
SetUserMatrix() available to learn about it?

Thanks,
Chiranjib