[vtkusers] A fix for MSVC warning D9025: overriding '/W1' with '/w'

Niels Dekker - address until 2018 niels_dekker_address_until_2018 at xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 23 09:46:24 EDT 2015

Does anyone here think it would be nice to fix these MSVC warnings?

Basically it's just a matter of replacing '/w' and '-w' by '/W0', in
various CMake files of the VTK source tree, according to the
patch/diff-file I attached last Sunday.

On Sunday, September 20, I wrote:
> When building VTK within Microsoft Visual Studio, I always get many
> (20+) 'D9025' warnings, saying:
>
>    "cl : Command line warning D9025: overriding '/W1' with '/w'"
>
> These warnings appear useless and distracting to me. Can someone
> please fix this issue?
>
> The issue can be fixed by using '/W0', instead of '-w' or '/w', to
> disable MSVC warnings. It should be fixed in the following six files:
>
>    CMake\vtkModuleMacros.cmake
>    CMake\vtkThirdParty.cmake
>    ThirdParty\xdmf2\vtkxdmf2\CMake\vtkThirdParty.cmake
>    ThirdParty\exodusII\vtkexodusII\CMakeLists.txt
>    ThirdParty\hdf5\vtkhdf5\CMakeLists.txt
>    ThirdParty\netcdf\vtknetcdf\CMakeLists.txt
>
> I encountered these warnings on any version of VTK, CMake, and Visual
> Studio that I tried recently, including the latest releases, VTK
> 6.3.0, CMake 3.3.2, and Visual Studio 2015 (but also Visual Studio 2010).
>
> ITK used to have the same issue. My fix for the ITK issue was included
> with ITK 4.8.0. It was discussed at the ITK users mailing list:
> http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/community/2015-February/008349.html My
> ITK patch is at: http://review.source.kitware.com/#/c/19311/
>
> A patch (unified diff) for VTK is hereby attached. Can someone please
> commit + push it to Kitware's VTK GIT, for me?

Kind regards, Niels
--
Niels Dekker
Scientific programmer