[vtkusers] [slicer-devel] Threshold setting

Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin jchris.fillionr at kitware.com
Wed Sep 23 00:44:22 EDT 2015

Hi Marco,

Great to see you are making progress.

While the members of the ITK, VTK and Slicer communities would be more than
happy to help you, I think sending an email to all of them will have the
opposite effect.

Instead, to get meaningful help, before sending an email I would suggest
you consider the following checklist. I use it myself everyday.

 [ ] Did I check the documentation, examples or existing tests of the
related projects ?

 [ ] Did I search the existing mailing archives and/or stack overflow for
similar question ? It is not uncommon that other users asked a similar
question. Using a search engine should be helpful here.

 [ ] Did I check FAQ  (Frequently Asked Questions) sections of the projects
?  For example, on the Slicer wiki there are a user and developer FAQs.

 [ ] Am I providing enough context for others to understand and reproduce
the problem. Reading the SSCCE guidlines [Short, Self Contained, Correct
(Compilable), Example]  available on http://sscce.org/ is always a good
thing.

 [ ] Is my question specific to a given library (ITK, VTK) or application
(Slicer). For example, if the question is about the use of
vtkImageThreshold filter, the VTK  user list is probably a good place to
ask questions.

 [ ] Did I re-read my email before sending it.  Considering your email will
be read by hundreds (or may be thousands) of individuals, re-reading before
sending is always good.

That said, let us know if you have any questions,

Thanks,
Jc

--
+1 919 869 8849