[vtkusers] how to blend a live video with a 3D virtual object (augumented reality)

Yixun Liu yxliuwm at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 13:34:09 EDT 2015

Hi,
I have a live video to show the scene.
Let's say their is only one board in the scene.
The normal of the board is parallel to the projection direction of the real
camera.

I want to put a 3D virtual ball before or after the board. If the ball is
before (near the camera) the board, part of the board will be occluded and
if the ball is after (far from the camera) the ball, the board become
translucent to show the ball.

For the live video, for each pixel, I know its depth because I use a stereo
camera.

How to use vtk to do the rendering?

Thanks a lot.

Xin