[vtkusers] Error compiling vtk 6.3.0 on win32 (VC++ 2010)

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 16:03:09 EDT 2015

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 1:52 PM, pof <jd379252 at gmail.com> wrote:

> No David, I have neither mingw-gcc nor cygwin installed.
>
> I have just run again CMake from scratch to produce win32 project, and
> this time everything is fine in vtkConfigure.h.
> I don't know why yesterday CMake ended with this mistake in vtkConfigure.h
> Sorry for reporting what seems to be a wrong issue.

I've had similar cmake mess-ups occur when I forget to run the vcvars .bat
file, or when I otherwise don't have the environment variables set
correctly.

Also, whenever you make compiler-related changes to your configuration
(e.g. changing from 32-bit to 64-bit), be sure to start with a clean build
directory and a new CMakeCache.txt.

 - David