[vtkusers] [vtk-users] VTK6.2 VS2013+Qt5.5.0 - Linker error not able to open 'vtkCommon.lib'

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Tue Sep 15 14:57:41 EDT 2015

Not using cmake in your code is fine.

In VTK's source, Utilities/Maintainance/WhatModules.py is a python script
that scans code and figures out what modules(i.e. libraries) it needs. That
should help. Otherwise you have to figure it out manually.

Also, your code now has to call some initialization functions that it
didn't have to with VTK 5. Cmake based projects that use VTK 6 do this
automatically. See the last part of the wiki page I pointed you at for more
details.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer