[vtkusers] Installing VTK 6.2.0 in LINUX

Yan liuyanbc157 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 06:46:57 EDT 2015

Hello, everyone,

I'm now first time installing VTK 6.2 in LINUX. In Comparison with VTK 5.4
which i have used before, I set VTK-DIR to ~/VTK-6.2.0/lib. But when I
make the configuration, it shows me>> CMake Error at
/usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindVTK.cmake:135(message): VTK not found. Set
the VTK_DIR cmake cache entry to the directory containing VTKConfig.cmake
This is either the root of the build tree, or PREFIX/libn/vtk for an
installation For VTK 4.0, this is the location of UseVTK.cmake. This is
either the root of the build tree or PREFIX/include/vtk for an
installation.<<

I try to find the file VTKConfig.cmake, it locates in ~/VTK-
6.2.0/lib/cmake/vtk-6.2 instead of VTK-6.2.0/lib which includes libxxxx.so
files. But in VTK 5.4 it locates directly in ~/vtk/lib/vtk-5.4, which
includes libxxxx.so and many VTKConfig.cmake and many other files like
vtkxxxxx.cmake files.

If I set VTK-DIR as ~/VTK-6.2.0/lib/cmake/vtk-6.2, but it causes other
problems in my program.

What could I do if I change from VTK 5.4.0 to 6.2.0?

thanks a lot

Yan