[vtkusers] Simple Viewer Dicom

Pedro Paulo pedropaulobmjr at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 11 02:52:44 EDT 2015

Hello, I am developing an application in python to view a dicom image and to change brightness and contrast, I could already make application to view, from this example (http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/IO/ReadDICOM) I adapted to python, and when show the picture if I press the left button mouse and move it across the image it changes the brightness and contrast of it, and if I press the R key the pixels back the original settings. So my question is, how can I make these changes brightness, contrast and R button (to reset the values of the original pixels) in my code? I would not like to do algebraic operations on pixels of the dicom image, such as gamma correction for contrast, but I wanted functions that VTK probably already own, but searching I have not found. I thank the attention.

The code in python that I adapted:
import vtkimport sys
def show_dicom_image(ndicom):	reader = vtk.vtkDICOMImageReader()	reader.SetFileName(ndicom)	reader.Update()
	# Visualize	imageViewer = vtk.vtkImageViewer()	imageViewer.SetInputConnection(reader.GetOutputPort())	renderWindowInteractor = vtk.vtkRenderWindowInteractor()	imageViewer.SetupInteractor(renderWindowInteractor)	imageViewer.Render()	imageViewer.GetRenderer().ResetCamera()	imageViewer.Render()	renderWindowInteractor.Start()
show_dicom_image(sys.argv[1])