[vtkusers] VtkWidget for Qt

Werner Sembach werner at sembach.de
Thu Oct 29 08:32:43 EDT 2015

Have you compiled vtk with qt support?
There is a compile flag for it that is off by default.
You also need to pay attention on the qt version (also managed with a
cmake flag)

After that
Are you using qt4 or qt5? because the plugin only works for the qt4 creator
however you still can use vtk with qt5 but you have to add the qvtk
widget manually in your c-code

pseudo code:
MainWindow {
     ui->setupUi(this);

     qvtkWidget = new QVTKWidget(this);
     ui->verticalLayout->addWidget(qvtkWidget);
}