[vtkusers] problems running a vtk java bindings example

Henry Blanco henry.blanco at cbiomed.cu
Wed Oct 28 11:41:22 EDT 2015

Hello Sebastien, thanks for your reply. Well, I have done what you
suggested, but still the program does not find the proper native
library, in this case: "libvtkCommonCoreJava.so".

This library is placed at "/usr/local/natives-Linux-x86_64", and it is
also packed into the jar file "vtk-6.1-natives-Linux-x86_64.jar". The
environment variable $LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set to point to that directory
(as you suggested). Moreover, I have specify those dependencies in my
Eclipse IDE as well. You can check all these evidences attached to this
email as small screenshots.

This is the piece of code that is generating the link error. The linker
stops when processing the statement:

System.loadLibrary("libvtkCommonCoreJava");

--------------------
import vtk.*;
public class Cone {

// In the static constructor we load in the native code.
// The libraries must be in your path to work.
static {

//	System.loadLibrary("vtkCommonJava");
//	System.loadLibrary("vtkFilteringJava");
//	System.loadLibrary("vtkIOJava");
//	System.loadLibrary("vtkImagingJava");
//	System.loadLibrary("vtkGraphicsJava");
//	System.loadLibrary("vtkRenderingJava");

	System.loadLibrary("libvtkCommonCoreJava");
	System.loadLibrary("libvtkFiltersCoreJava");
	System.loadLibrary("libvtkIOCoreJava");
	System.loadLibrary("libvtkImagingCoreJava");
	System.loadLibrary("libvtkRenderingCoreJava");
}
}// End of the class: Cone

Failing to run such a simple example of this library it's a bit
frustrating for me. I'm looking forward to overcome this issue just to
start learning this attractive visualization library.

Thanks in advance.

Henry