[vtkusers] Compiling OpenGL2 on mac os x

Raul Huertas rax20037 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 16:16:25 EDT 2015

Hello Everyone!

I downloaded the source release of 6.3 and I had some issues in Mac OS X. I'm using Makefile generators. First I compiled it with the default settings and i had no issues. Then I proceed to activate the Opengl2 engine, and I had some erros in the linking step. It was like this:

Undefined symbols:
vtkFrameBufferObject::methodX, referenced, from ...
vtkFrameBufferObject::methodY, referenced, from ...

Checking the CMakeLists.txt in "Rendering/OpenGL2" I found this:

if (NOT DEFINED OPENGL_ES_VERSION)
  set(Module_SRCS ${Module_SRCS}
    vtkDataTransferHelper.cxx
    vtkFrameBufferObject2.cxx
    vtkPixelBufferObject.cxx
    vtkRenderbuffer.cxx
    )
else()
  if (${OPENGL_ES_VERSION} MATCHES 3.0)
    set(Module_SRCS ${Module_SRCS}
      vtkFrameBufferObject.cxx
      vtkFrameBufferObject2.cxx
      vtkRenderbuffer.cxx
      )
  endif()
endif()

So I changed OPENGL_ES_VERSION to 3.0 (always in the CMake GUI)
and I had the following errors:

Undefined symbols:
vtkPixelBufferObject::methodZ, referenced, from ...
vtkPixelBufferObject::methodW, referenced, from ...

Since I'm very interested in using the opengl2 engine(specifically the new features on vtkOpenGLPolyDataMapper described here) I modified the CmakeLists.txt file to this:

if (NOT DEFINED OPENGL_ES_VERSION)
  set(Module_SRCS ${Module_SRCS}
    vtkDataTransferHelper.cxx
    vtkFrameBufferObject2.cxx
    vtkPixelBufferObject.cxx
    vtkRenderbuffer.cxx
    )
else()
  if (${OPENGL_ES_VERSION} MATCHES 3.0)
    message( STATUS "OpenGL3 ACTIVATED!!!!!!!!")
    set(Module_SRCS ${Module_SRCS}
      vtkFrameBufferObject.cxx
      vtkFrameBufferObject2.cxx
      vtkPixelBufferObject.cxx
      vtkRenderbuffer.cxx
      )
  endif()
endif()

And now it compiles perfectly and I already built an example in QtCreator. So, is this something to be fixed? will my programs crash? will I have conflict problems with your reflection system?

Best regards!

--
Piensa en el ambiente, antes de imprimir este e-mail piensa bien si es necesario hacerlo.