[vtkusers] [EXTERNAL] problems running a vtk java bindings example

Gerrick Bivins Gerrick.Bivins at halliburton.com
Mon Oct 26 13:38:33 EDT 2015

Hi Henry,
It looks like you are trying to reference the jar that has the natives in them.
Last time I tried,unless you have some special handling code to extract
the natives for your platform from that vtk-6.1-natives-Linux-x86_64.jar,
I don't think you'll not be able to load the native dll's/so's at runtime.
Vtk just isn't setup to do that for us.

Currently, to run with java you need to extract those dll's/so's to some directory
and then set your PATH/LD_LIBRARY_PATH etc to point to the directory and
then run.
I think you can also set some command line arg that will tell vtkNativeLibraries
where to load them from.
Gerrick