[vtkusers] Set vertex normals ?

Ronald Levine rl at quantcomp.com
Thu Oct 22 13:32:52 EDT 2015

I have a large quad mesh (easily decomposed into a set of triangle strips)
whose positions AND vertex normals (point normals) are mathematically
generated.  I want to render the surface with Gouraud shading using my
supplied vertex normals.  I do not want the system to estimate the point
normals from the triangle geometry.

Working in Python, where it's easy to experiment, I don't see any way to do
that.  Neither does reading the C++ documentation provide any clues.

Thanks for any helpful comments.

RL