[vtkusers] Building VTK without OpenGL

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Tue Oct 20 18:42:41 EDT 2015

I am trying to build VTK 6.3.0 on a system without OpenGL. I don't need any of the rendering components on this system, so this should not be a problem. However, even when I set VTK_Group_Rendering to OFF I get an error that CMake cannot find OpenGL on the system (because it is not there).

I tried to get around this problem by setting VTK_RENDERING_BACKEND to None, but that gives me a different error. CMake tells me that there is no such module vtkRenderingNone needed by vtkGUISupportQt (another module I don't care about and don't need compiled). I think I have all the rendering and GUI modules turned off. The error appears to be during a check of the dependency of all modules regardless of whether they are used.

How can I get the VTK build to completely ignore all rendering?

-Ken

   ****      Kenneth Moreland
    ***      Sandia National Laboratories
*** *** ***  email: kmorel at sandia.gov