[vtkusers] Time Data in Exodus files

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Mon Oct 19 12:39:13 EDT 2015

> How do you extract the times (not timesteps) from ExodusIIReader? I am using VTK6.3 python bindings.

The reader's output information will have the vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline::TIME_STEPS() key set to a vector of double values that are the time steps. You can ask the reader for its executive, obtain the output information from it, and get the value of the TIME_STEPS key from that. It will only be valid after UpdateInformation() has been called on the reader.

	David