[vtkusers] Set Scalar Component

Guillermo Giraldo guillegiraldo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 15:47:12 EDT 2015

Hi to all,

I am reading a vtk data file, containing finite element results. As such,
it contains an unstructured grid and several scalars, defined for example
as:

SCALARS Nodal_stress float 6
LOOKUP_TABLE default
      0.2075E+02      0.3887E+00      0.0000E+00     -0.2607E+00
 0.0000E+00      0.0000E+00

I am able to read the data file, get the number and names of scalars and
vectors and display a colormap plot from any of the scalars using a
pipeline with the following classes:

1- vtkDataSetReader
2- vtkDataSetMapper
3- vtkActor

I select the scalar to display with the method
vtkDataSetReader.SetScalarsName(), but this way I can only display the
first component of the scalar (from the six in the example).

My question is, how can I select any other component than the first from
the scalars data?
--
Por favor confirmar recepción.

Atte.