[vtkusers] vtkTextMapper Disable Resize

Slaughter, Andrew E andrew.slaughter at inl.gov
Tue Oct 13 18:39:16 EDT 2015

I am using a vtkTextMapper to display a floating point number, this number
is updated with time and varies between integer values and decimal values.

When I first create the text, it has an integer value. This seems to set
the extent of the text, because at subsequent times the decimal numbers are
compressed horizontally to that that text fits within the same extents. I
am simply calling vtkTextMapper.SetInput('new text here') at each timestep.

Is there a way to update the extents to allow the font-size to remain
constant, or set the extents manually at the beginning to be larger than
the first text string?

Thanks,
Andrew