[vtkusers] vtkImagePanelWidget Offscreen Renderer

LaChen sam24666806 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 21:28:36 EDT 2015

DL I wrote
> Hi LaChen
>
> can you explain why you want to do this (what is the user interface
> supposed to present) ?
> Are you trying to map the texture onto some other surface or  are you
> trying to show the sliced image as a 2D
> image in a renderer ?
>
> regards,
> Dean
>
> On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 6:04 AM, LaChen <

> sam24666806@

> > wrote:
>
>> Hi, I try to use vtkImagePanelWidget::GetTexture() to get texture of
>> slicing
>> by indicated index (SetSliceIndex).
>>
>> After I get texture, I downcast the texture to OpenGLTexture to get
>> vtkTextureObject.
>>
>> Then I try to the the handle of the texture object. Finally, I write some
>> codes to draw an rectangle and texture by the handle. But it seems not
>> work.
>>
>> Is my way correctly??
>>
>> If it's not correct, how to show one slice in a plane.
>>

>> --

>> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Hi, thank for your reply.

The reason I want to do is that I need to show slicing image of three
axes(x,y,z) and I can select index which slicing image I want to show. Then
I find an good example (QtVTKRenderWindows). I learn vtkImagePanelWidget in
the example. So I use QT and create three QVTKWidgets. And I try to binding
vtkImagePanelWidget for each. But I encounter some problem. First, I try to
blocking all mouse event.
I inherit CameraInteractorStyle and block event left button press. But I
fail. Second, I set eye position of active camera, It seems no use. So I try
to use OpenGL to draw an rectangle and find texture of slicing image from
vtkImagePanelWidget.

Above-mentioned is the flow I try to handle my problem. Can you share your
experience about my problem? I can't understand what component I should use.
Is VTKSlidingImage or vtkImagePanelWidget.
And I don't know how to set up interactor of offscreen rendering.