[vtkusers] crash when unloading vtk

Christian Kohler chr.kohler at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 12:07:50 EDT 2015

Hello!
I currently encounter a problem using the vtk library in our open source
project "itom" (https://bitbucket.org/itom/itom/wiki/Home). The problem
occurs when unloading a qt-plugin relying on the vtk library. The actual
crash occurs in the function
vtkCommonInformationKeyManager::ClassFinalize() in the file
vtkCommonInformationKeyManager.cxx (Line 76ff) when deleting the entries
of the vtkCommonInformationKeyManagerkeys (Line 86) starting from the
(in my case sixth) entry in the list named "LABEL" onwards (i.e. also
skipping the deleting of this entry pulling to another one after that one).
I am using Vtk Version 6.3 from the downloadable zip file, self compiled
with MsVS 2013 Express, CMake 3.2.3, qt and pyhton options disabled, all
64bit version.
Any help is appreciated.
Best regards
Christian