[vtkusers] ImportError: No module named vtkIOXdmf3Python

Nico Schlömer nico.schloemer at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 08:02:25 EST 2015

Hi everyone,

I'm setting up nightly VTK builds on launchpad [1] for everyone to consume,
but I'm still running into issues with Xdmf3 in Python:
```
>> import vtk.vtkIOXdmf3
ImportError                               Traceback (most recent call last)
<ipython-input-1-7a6585339504> in <module>()
----> 1 import vtk.vtkIOXdmf3

/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/vtk/__init__.py in <module>()
    133 from .vtkIOVideo import *
    134 from .vtkIOXdmf2 import *
--> 135 from .vtkIOXdmf3 import *
    136 from .vtkImagingMath import *
    137 from .vtkImagingMorphological import *

/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/vtk/vtkIOXdmf3.py in <module>()
      7     # during build and testing, the modules will be elsewhere,
      8     # e.g. in lib directory or Release/Debug config directories
----> 9     from vtkIOXdmf3Python import *

ImportError: No module named vtkIOXdmf3Python
```
The build goes through cleanly [2], but I might be missing something.

Any hints?

Cheers,
Nico

[1] https://launchpad.net/~nschloe/+archive/ubuntu/vtk-nightly/+packages