[vtkusers] can vtkXMLPolyDataReader not stream "manually"?

Grothausmann, Roman Dr. grothausmann.roman at mh-hannover.de
Thu Nov 26 06:19:56 EST 2015

Dear mailing list members,

Due to apparent index limitations for arrays I'm in the need to process a
vtkPolyData in chunks. However, my streaming approach reads and processes all
data not just sub-extents. Therefore, I tried to write a minimal example of
streamed reading using vtkXMLPolyDataReader which is supposed to support
streaming according to the docs. However this simple example seems not to stream:
https://github.com/romangrothausmann/VTK-CLIs/blob/master/read_SDP.cxx
I've only found unanswered similar questions on the mailing list and all other
use of vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline seems to be within a filter not outside.
Still, on page 14 of 4_VTK-ParallelCompositeAndTime.pdf the same exemplary use
of vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline is given for "manual" updates.
Am I missing something in my example or can vtkXMLPolyDataReader not stream?

Any help or hints are very much appreciated
Roman

--
Dr. Roman Grothausmann

Tomographie und Digitale Bildverarbeitung
Tomography and Digital Image Analysis

Institut für Funktionelle und Angewandte Anatomie, OE 4120
Medizinische Hochschule Hannover
Carl-Neuberg-Str. 1
D-30625 Hannover

Tel. +49 511 532-2900