[vtkusers] Volume + surface transparency with OpenGL2

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Mon Nov 23 15:40:38 EST 2015

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 3:14 PM, Xabi Riobe <xabivtk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Aashish,
>
> For example, if you render a volume with vtkGPUVolumeRayCastMapper,
> or vtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper, and you put inside a sphere rendered
> with vtkPolyDataMapper, as soon as you change the sphere actor opacity the
> depth notion is lost, with the sphere appearing behind the volume.

Thanks for clarification. Yes, this is not currently supported (I am not
aware and we don't handle this in the mapper). This is a interesting use
case. I will add it to the feature request and will get back to you. Just
curious, what would be a real world example use-case you have for this
feature? Can you share bit more domain information (medical / scientific
etc.).

- Aashish

--

*| Aashish Chaudhary | Technical Leader         | Kitware Inc.            *
*| http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html