[vtkusers] SimpleCocoaVTK linker issues

Larry l.kvitnevskiy+vtk at intellijointsurgical.com
Fri Nov 20 12:11:57 EST 2015

Remove the dylibs from the install directory. For me that was /usr/local/vkt
(I specified this as a ccmake option when compiling).

Even though the Xcode project includes the static libs, Xcode generates
-L/path/ -llib for the linker options. This will look for a dynamic library
first, and if it can't find it, then it will look for a static library. Thus
it was trying to include the .dylibs, which for some reason failed.

Another option is to manually set the linker parameter to be
/path/to/vtklib.a, but that seemed like more work. Another possible thing is
to add -static option, but that might break something else.