[vtkusers] Getting File Name of Current DICOM Slice with VTK

Tee Be n.verted at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 19:11:21 EST 2015

Hello,

I'm working off of the ReadDICOMSeries example shown here:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/IO/ReadDICOMSeries and was able to
get it working.

I was wondering if there was a way I could get the filename of the current
slice being viewed using this example. I've looked through the
documentation for vtkDICOMImageReader and some of the others but was unable
to get the file name only things like it's current directory or file
extension.

I suppose I could work off of the slice number and directory information
and manually figure out the file I'm looking at but even then I would
prefer to have a way to work with that file individually.

Any suggestions?