[vtkusers] Migrating from OpenGL to OpenGL2

VictorLamoine victor.lamoine at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 17:10:30 EST 2015

Hello,

The library I'm using (Point Cloud Library) cannot be compiled as is against
a VTK version with OpenGL2 back end. (I'm using VTK trunk)
There are some missing includes etc.

Error examples:

> In file included from
> /home/victor/libraries/pcl/src/visualization/src/vtk/vtkVertexBufferObject.cxx:15:0:
> /home/victor/libraries/pcl/src/visualization/include/pcl/visualization/vtk/vtkVertexBufferObject.h:35:62:
> fatal error: vtkgl.h: No such file or directory
>  #include "vtkgl.h" // Needed for gl data types exposed in API
>                                                               ^
> compilation terminated.
> [ 50%] Built target pcl_poisson_reconstruction
> In file included from
> /home/victor/libraries/pcl/src/visualization/src/vtk/vtkVertexBufferObjectMapper.cxx:18:0:
> /home/victor/libraries/pcl/src/visualization/include/pcl/visualization/vtk/vtkVertexBufferObject.h:35:62:
> fatal error: vtkgl.h: No such file or directory
>  #include "vtkgl.h" // Needed for gl data types exposed in API
>                                                               ^
> compilation terminated.
>
> /home/victor/libraries/pcl/src/visualization/src/pcl_visualizer.cpp:87:38:
> fatal error: vtkOpenGLHardwareSupport.h: No such file or directory
>  #include
> <vtkOpenGLHardwareSupport.h>
>                                       ^
> compilation terminated.

Is there a migration guide helping users getting their code working with
OpenGL2 back end?
if not, how do I make the association between old/new includes? (and maybe
there are some differences in the classes ?)

Bye