[vtkusers] SimpleCocoaVTK linker issues

Larry l.kvitnevskiy+vtk at intellijointsurgical.com
Thu Nov 19 09:12:06 EST 2015

None of the files in the xcode project are red. I have also tried restarting
xcode, cleaning, and building again. Nothing works.

If I exclude 'libvtkRenderingOpenGL-6.3.a' (the library that should contain
the symbols), from the build phase, I get the following errors:

  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_vtkCocoaGLView", referenced from:
      _OBJC_CLASS_$_BasicVTKView in BasicVTKView.o
  "_OBJC_METACLASS_$_vtkCocoaGLView", referenced from:
      _OBJC_METACLASS_$_BasicVTKView in BasicVTKView.o
  "vtkRenderingOpenGL_AutoInit_Destruct()", referenced from:
      vtkRenderingCore_AutoInit::~vtkRenderingCore_AutoInit() in
MyDocument.o
      vtkRenderingCore_AutoInit::~vtkRenderingCore_AutoInit() in
BasicVTKView.o
  "vtkRenderingOpenGL_AutoInit_Construct()", referenced from:
      __GLOBAL__sub_I_MyDocument.mm in MyDocument.o
      __GLOBAL__sub_I_BasicVTKView.mm in BasicVTKView.o
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
invocation)

This shows that normally it does link to 'libvtkRenderingOpenGL-6.3.a' and
finds some of the symbols there.

Anything else I can try?