[vtkusers] vtkBooleanPolyDataFilter?

mbcx9rb9 richard.j.brown at live.co.uk
Wed Nov 18 04:33:44 EST 2015

Hi all,

I want to create a volume, which is a margin around a previously existing
volume.

I had initially thought to use vtkBooleanPolyDataFilter, except for two
sphere sources with matching centres but differing radii,
SetOperationToDifference returns nothing, but I was hoping that it would
return a spherical shell.

Looking at the example,
Examples/Cxx/PolyData/BooleanOperationPolyDataFilter, I get the impression
that there needs to be intersection between the two polydata, so I guess
this method won't work for concentric objects.

Can anyone suggest a way to create a polydata shell? At the moment, I will
settle for methods that only work for vtkSphereSource, but in the future,
I'll need to be able to extend this to more generic shapes.

Thanks in advance for the help.