[vtkusers] Apply one transformation matrix to an other actor

David Cole DLRdave at aol.com
Mon Nov 16 13:35:08 EST 2015

UserMatrix is one you can assign yourself to an actor or a top-level composite assembly of actors.

Matrix is computed automatically from any position, rotation or scale the actor may have, in addition to the UserMatrix.

Calling GetMatrix should always give you the exact matrix applied to an actor to get it to from whatever its own "model space" is to VTK world space.

UserMatrix is nullptr until you set it, or until the actor is added as part of an assembly, where the parent assembly may set user matrices directly for its constituent parts.

You can't set the matrix directly, but you can set the UserMatrix directly.

David