[vtkusers] ghost cells in pvtu files

Hugues Digonnet hugues.digonnet at ec-nantes.fr
Mon Nov 16 04:51:38 EST 2015

Hi all,

I am using unstructured grid in parallel (basically using pvtu file).
I look to ghost cells to suppress some visualization artifact at inter
sub-domains boundaries (specially when using some some inside operator)

But as far as I have searched, I don't see any cases using ghost cells
with unstructured grid.
I seem that you only define a level of ghost cell and VTK build it. (at
least for rectangular grid).

Is there a way for unstructured grid to define this level ?
Or could it be possible to let the application writing vtu files
including ghost cells and use a flag to determine if a cell is a real or
ghost one ?
This last way seems OK for me (user application point of view) but i
wondering if this option is present into VTK and pvtu file format ?

Any helps will be welcome.
Best regards,
Hugues Digonnet

--