[vtkusers] vtkImageData problem

Gib Bogle g.bogle at auckland.ac.nz
Sun Nov 15 22:17:01 EST 2015

Having got my program to build and run with VTK-6.3, I am now encountering a problem with its behaviour.  The 3D display of the scene is working fine, but code that captures the image (for creating a video) is failing.

Previously I have been doing this with VTK-5.10:

id = vtkImageData::New();

id = w2i->GetOutput();

w2i->Modified();

id->Update();

imwidth = id->GetDimensions()[0];

imheight = id->GetDimensions()[1];

if (imwidth == 0) {

    LOG_QMSG("ERROR: recorder: vtkImageData dimension = 0");

    exit(1);

}

To get this to compile now I have to comment out the id->Update().  When the program executes it stops with the error that imwidth=0.

Should I replace id->Update() with something else?

Thanks
Gib