[vtkusers] In OSX vtk window does not get the focus

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 17:58:03 EST 2015

Hi Eleftherios,

On OS X the system python is properly set up to receive keyboard focus,
but the anaconda python is not.  In general, in order for a program to
receive keyboard events, it must be part of an app bundle, though I'm
sure there are exceptions.  I remember that many, many years ago it
was necessary to run "pythonw" to get a functional GUI app in python.

If you create a bundle for your python program, you can get keyboard
events regardless of whose python you use.

 - David