[vtkusers] Apply one transformation matrix to an other actor

Lonni Besançon lonni.besancon at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 07:06:56 EST 2015

Hello,

I was wondering if there was a way to extract the transformation matrix of
an actor and apply it to an other actor.
The scenario would be something like that: I have an actor with a given
orientation/position/scaling, that I would like to apply to an other actor
so that it gets in the exact same orientation/position/scaling. This could
be use for instance to swap two actors or to mirror on different
applications the different actions made on one of the applications.

So far I have tried to play with GetUserMatrix() and SetUserMatrix(), but
the problem is that most of the time this matrix is NULL. So I have tried to
use the GetMatrix() to get the matrix of the first actor but I was wondering
how I could now apply it to an other one.

I've tried to read the documentation but I was unsuccessful in finding the
exact information I'm looking for.

Have a nice day and thanks in advance for the help