[vtkusers] VTK Threshold Discrepancy

Eric D. Robertson eric.robertson at cfdrc.com
Tue Nov 10 17:47:17 EST 2015

I am using vtkThreshold to filter point data stored as vtkStructuredGrid.

The data is essentially an array of 0's and 1's, where I am looking to only keep the cells with 1's stored.

When I apply the vtkThreshold, the result is a domain slightly smaller than the number of cells with 1's. In other words, the number of cells in the vtkThreshold doesn't exactly match up to the number of 1's available in the original unthresholded domain. Is this a known issue?

Eric Robertson
Research Engineer, BET
CFD Research Corporation
701 McMillian Way NW, Suite D