[vtkusers] VTK Examples CustomLinkView and EasyView crashed if compiled using vs-2010 with release

Frank bjfrankcn at icloud.com
Sun Nov 8 20:53:27 EST 2015

I have been using VTK5 in my software, which was developed in vs-2008. Recently, we are trying to migrate our software development from vs-2008 to vs-2010, and found that its release version in vs-2010 crashed, but its debug version worked fine. Finally, we found that the release versions of the VTK5 examples CustomLinkView and EasyView are also crash in vs-2010, but their debug versions work fine. Both release and debug versions of these examples work in vs-2008. Because our software uses the same function as that used by CustomLinkView and EasyView,  our software might be crashed due to a VTK bug. We are using VTK 5.10.1 with Qt 4.8.7.

Did anybody experience the same problem, or have a solution for this problem ?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Frank.