[vtkusers] Problems using vtkConnectivityFilter on Image Data

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 12:49:21 EST 2015

Hi Darya,

The vtkConnectivityFilter is meant for use on mesh data.  It suspect
that when you used it on image data, it caused your computer to run
out of memory.

I have a connectivity filter that I wrote specifically for images, but it
is on github.  I haven't contributed it to VTK yet.  But you can try it
if you are interested:

https://github.com/dgobbi/AIRS/tree/master/ImageSegmentation

You can also try the vtkImageThresholdConnectivity filter that comes
with VTK:
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkImageThresholdConnectivity.html

 - David