[vtkusers] VTK update simulation data

zsn jobka_5 at mail.ru
Tue Nov 3 11:32:18 EST 2015

Dear VTK users,

there is a simulation application which outputs some vtk point data every
time step and I would like to render this data at every time step and also
keep it interactive.

I have created a pipeline which takes simulation points
(points->SetInputData(data)) as an input and applies a set of filters to it.
For the sake of testing I've created a simple timer and added an observer
reacting on the timer event:

  renderWindowInteractor->AddObserver(vtkCommand::TimerEvent, cb);
  int timerId = renderWindowInteractor->CreateRepeatingTimer(1000);

This works just as I want it. The only problem left is to add a custom user
event. Basically I want to trigger some event at the end of each simulation
timestep and update the model in the render window. I saw some of the VTK
examples but I still don't get how to do this for my case. Could anyone
help? Thank you!

Best Regards,
zsn