[vtkusers] Volume Cell Picker picking a glyph actor that is no longer there.

Doug Hoppes dhoppes at mbfbioscience.com
Fri May 22 14:13:01 EDT 2015

Hey all,

                Okay, got a weird issue that I'm trying to resolve and not having much luck with it.  I have a glyph3D actor that contains 10 points.  I can use the picker to pick a glyph3D point and it works great.  The number of actors for the picker is 1.  I then change the vtkpolydata that is used as data points for the glyph to have 3 points as opposed to 10 points.  I do this by taking the first polydata and reducing the number of points to 3, then calling the Update() method and then create a new actor with the remaining 7 points and great a new glyph with the 7 points.  Once this is done, I have two actors in my scene (one with 3 points and one with 7 points).  The scene looks correct and things are great.

                Now the weirdness.  If I use the picker to pick a point on the second actor (with 7 points), the number of actors that the picker returns is 2.  The picker seems to always think that the first, full-size, polydata still exists and returns me a pointer to the new actor AND to the first actor.

Doug