[vtkusers] TEXTURE_BUFFER fails : pure OpenGL vs vtkgl ?

Butterfly ninarock at list.ru
Thu May 21 07:55:45 EDT 2015

I found out what exactly causes the error, *but I still do not understand why
this is happenning...*

Turns out that all function pointers that start with vtkgl::TexBuffer* and
vtkgl::TextureBuffer* are not valid function pointers. That is why calling
them causes the AccessViolationException (Access violation executing
location 0x00000000).

I tested the function pointers like this:

	bool b = false;

	if (vtkgl::TexBufferEXT)
		b = true;
	if (vtkgl::TexBuffer)
		b = true;
	if (vtkgl::TexBufferARB)
		b = true;
	if (vtkgl::TextureBufferEXT)
		b = true;

After executing the above code, b is false.

Other pointers are ok, for example these both return b = true :
	if (vtkgl::UnmapBuffer)
		b = true;

	if (vtkgl::TEXTURE_BUFFER_EXT)
		b = true;

I've read in the Internet that such kind of errors may occur if GLEW is not
correctly initialized
(https://www.opengl.org/wiki/OpenGL_Loading_Library#GLEW ). *One should set
glewExperimental=TRUE and call glewInit(). But how am I supposed to do this
using VTKOpenGL? Should I do this at all ?*