[vtkusers] VTK Time support

Evan Kao tossin at gmail.com
Wed May 20 20:53:16 EDT 2015

Hello vtk-users,

What's the best way to store/handle time-varying data with VTK?  I found
this Wiki page <http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Time_Support> on Time Support,
which says it's been implemented, but couldn't find the class
vtkTemporalDataSet in the nightly documentation or my current version of
VTK (6.1).  It does appear in an earlier version though (5.10.0).  Is there
any reason why it was removed?

If there isn't a special class for this, does it make sense to simply add
multiple data arrays to a single data object, one for each time point?  Or
is it better to have a data object for each time point?

Thanks,
Evan Kao