[vtkusers] [EXTERNAL] Efficiently visualizing duplicate data in biological model

Paul Melis paul.melis at surfsara.nl
Wed May 13 09:00:34 EDT 2015

Hi Sankhesh,

On 08-05-15 06:32, Sankhesh Jhaveri wrote:
> You could create a three component point array of colors on the
> polydata. The colors can be mapped from a lookup table based on which
> biological cell the pointId belongs to. You can alter the lookup table
> based on the variable being color-mapped.

Thanks for the tip. What you are suggesting is basically doing manual
color-mapping, right? I.e. manually iterating over the polydata points,
using the associated biological cell ID to set the point color (using a
LUT) in a new separate color array, which then gets displayed.
Interesting, hadn't thought of that option.

Regards,
Paul

--

Paul Melis
| Groepsleider & Adviseur Visualisatie | SURFsara |