[vtkusers] Using QVTKWidget with QT5 on Linux

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Mon May 11 11:04:51 EDT 2015

On Sat, May 09, 2015 at 01:03:08 +0300, Pavel Kalinnikov wrote:
> As I said before, I've build and run the "Examples/GUI/Qt/Events" example
> from the VTK-6.2.0 distribution. But I think we can find even simpler test
> which reproduces the problem.

I've reproduced the problem with the old OpenGL backend; it crashes with
OpenGL2. It seems to be related to depth peeling (something we
apparently don't test all that well) not working properly with the
context Qt5 is using. I've asked Marcus to look at it (since he's much
more familiar with the Qt/OpenGL codepaths than I).

Thanks for the report.

--Ben