[vtkusers] Triangulating 'vertical' polygon with Delaunay2D?

Artem Babayan artem.paraview at googlemail.com
Mon May 11 06:47:27 EDT 2015

Hello,

I have

1) vtk_poijnts -- set of 3D points (vtkPoints object) located within the
computational 3D box.
2) poly_1 -- std::vector<int> -- connected subset of points from 1)
representing non-convex polygon on the side of computational box. E.g. in
XZ plane.
3) poly_hole_1, poly_hole_2 -- 2 subsets of points from 1) each
representing possibly non-convex hole in poly_1 from 2).

How am I visualise it with VTK?

I assume that as I have holes in polygon the only choice of I have is to
use vtkDelaunay2D?

vtkDelaunay2D apparently uses all points from vtk_points for
triangulization, while I need only points from poly_1, poly_hole_1 and
poly_hole_2 ?

I need to tell somehow vtkDelaunay2D than I want to tesselate in XZ plane
rather than in XY plane?

Thank you
Artem